Friday, March 23, 2007

The Evolution... Where it all began…

April 26 ’03, It was a rainy day. Clouds covered the sky and the wind was fast enough to take with it a guy who was analyzing the weather while strolling on the roof of his home. I don’t know which streak of the lightening stroke him, when he took a small notepad out of his pocket and a pen, which he had by chance, and began scribbling something. Penned down a few lines, quite elated he went down to share those lines with his mother. He thought it was just another day out for him when he did something he’d never done before. But who knew that he did something that he’ll be doing quite often from that day…..
That was his first poem…..

Hi guys. This would be a small but a close to heart post. As promised, I’ll be sharing my first poem. Well this, actually isn’t the very first poem, coz that was the one I wrote in 3rd class on topic ‘Maa di Mamta’ and I got 2nd prize for that. But Alas! I don't have a copy of that poem with me, and I think I'm too old to frame that innocence now. I didn’t write anything of that sorts after that, till that day when nature blessed me…. So here it goes…
MY first poem…

Naturehood

Flying crows,
Squeaking squirrels,
Whirling winds,
And flag with frills,
Fluttering like wings of vulture,
That’s the nature showing its culture.
Down the road thy goes a man,
And up in sky clouds form a band.
Pouring rain, throwing child’s play in vain.
That’s the nature showing its fame.

— Deepinder Singh Kalra
April 26 ‘03

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pretty poem dear :) the beginning was quite good.. it takes a flash to discover the talent within yrself, good that u did it in such a fantastic way.. this post reminded me of the reasons of my first poem too, but i'd rather not remember them.. chalo, nice idea to write abt it in the blog, keep it up!!

Damanpreet singh said...

hmm..
good filmi situation to discover your talent..
a very sweet poem (i understood this one..yipeee)

Sartaj Singh Gill said...

Nice Man...Really Good Even The Early Days Showed You Have Immense Talent...Keep 'Em Coming..