Saturday, March 31, 2007

‘Vanjara’ in 2010…

I entered the boardroom with piles of files clutched under my arm and a laptop hanging somewhere midway between my shoulder and the ground, making sure that it doesn’t hit my hand moving to and fro in a pendulum motion. I think I was late, something not good for Mr. Punctual... Would I really get a penalty? Or, would it help if I plead and enter the room, Gaush! I wish they had 75% attendance here too, so that I might miss the meeting and have a happy time at the café… Alas! Things were now different, for now I’m what’s called a professional….

That was a little clipping of ‘Vanjara’ after a few years from now. Copying, what Archie mentioned in her blog, here I am with premature nostalgia part-teepofied… Some unforgettables, to form a part of whats called “khatti meethi yaadein”

Even today when I enter the gates of TIET, I can see myself standing in that crowd of students, amassing the AIEEE merit list displayed at the entrance. We all were involved in a guessing game over what’ll be our fate. “I’m surely gonna get mechanical in any case.”.. “Oh come on! You’ll get it too”… “kaash maine thodi aur mehnat ki hoti.. mere aagey abhi 15 bachey hain .. “ …. “yeh salley PEC valley yahan kyun seetein kharab karne ayein hain”

The things turned into reality, when I was placed in mechanical branch. I can still smell that sweat of student’s noting their first time table, displayed in that crush hall. Some aims laid down by the batchmates. I did that too. My aim was to make many girl friends ;) I tasted success the very first day :D Okay, if not a girlfriend, in due course of time, made many wonderful friends who are girls… Does it differ in spellings? I don’t think so!!!!

Anyways, authorities are then perused to hold a third counseling, after the PEC decision was made and 60 seats went vacant. There I am, on the stage again, betting on my fate. And I won. Smiling to whole of the auditorium, I got the last seat of Computer Science. :)

The Thapar crowd. The first thing we came to know was that girls don’t exist here. Well, anyhow won’t comment on that coz many of my frnds are non vegetarians. It took some time getting accustomed to that environment of TIET. I’ll remember it all, a few years from now, when I’ll enter the board room, with that single register in my back pocket, replacing a pile of files, with a hearty cafeteria replacing yummy meals, but no TIET friends to share with.

No staring in the cafes,
jebh me no society, bass paise,
None of those one day crushes.
I won’t see a girl who blushes
No masala talks abt the latest couples
"Chal Deepi Party!!!, buy me a pack of ruffles"

Some hotties, Some cool dudes,
Some going around on geri routes.
These half mark fights,
these atop roof taffri in midnights.
Nukkad ke paranthey, bhem ki iced tea,
“C grade hi to aya tera yar” take it ligtly…

That was perhaps the most idiotic poetry I ever made ;) No Comments no suggestions invited.
The list continues without the poetry, I bunked lectures, “OH SHIT! Assignment kaun banayega”.. “ajj college vich maal aya hai ;)”… hey how can I forget our sardaran di fauj.. “Me Walia DaMan Chacha Badi” And how Daman makes me kill Badi everytime he gets a chance ;) The list of events is too long… Events!!! yea.. events at the izhaar and mudra.. My first ever dramatics and Every year struggled for a slot in singing ;) Finally got it :D.. My pledge to never take part in nautanki ever again, but ending up doing it every year, an bagging the third or fourth prize everytime;) Also, those events in saturnalia. Rs 250 . for that LS show. How’ll I forget that!!! But there’ll be a time when I might want to give whole of my salary, no matter the events are LS or HS, just to smell the same old aura of the place where we played, we studied, we flirted, we enjoyed, we ruled our lives and teachers ruled our CG cards, where we learned how to LIVE, Live our Life.. King size…!

That’ll be a day when we’ll be having money in pocket to throw parties, but no Hembir to supply kulchas. Orkut won’t see more of “BLOG UPDATED” nicks besides my profile. But I’ll still trouble you guys to read my poems, no matter if my sms pack is activated or not. A day when something salty will trickle down my cheek, when I'll read this post.
A day when I’ll be called Er.Deepinder Singh… or maybe Er.D.S.Kalra.
A day I'll hate or love ... I'm still perplexed….

11 comments:

Archana said...

only six months left buddy ....[:(]...hate to think beyond that

Damanpreet singh said...

burrrrraaaaaaa!!!!!!!
ah hundi hai post...
believe it or not i too made half of such a post but about 2020..

Hope you become a management guru by then ..you may write a book "count your Chinese pakore before they are fried" (on the lines of count your chickens before they hatch)...

awesome post and a good poem...

Deepinder Singh said...

@Archie... its 8 months nor six ;)
@Daman yar tu mere chinese pakoreyan de pichey kyun pai geyan hai... tu te khaddey v nahi.. te na khaun dittey!!! Anyways thanks :D

Anonymous said...

whoa.. by far, yr best post deep (u will remain DEEP, no matter what u might be called professionally!) loved that poem, even though i might not understand the real feelings behind it coz i'm not a Thaparian.. yeh post tumhaare farewell ke din speech mein de dena, everyone will be dazzled :) aur haan, yeh chinese pakore ka kya funda hai bhai..

Deepinder Singh said...

hmmmm... tujhe kitni bar kaha hai k..... nyways.. chorh.. and well. humare yahan farewell nahi hoti :( and call me Deep :) I love it...

Suneetinder Singh Walia said...

Er. D.S.Kalra or Manager D.S.Kslra?????
anyways, nice one. . . a good post, as usual. . but i'm afraid this post will make me think a lot about my own future too. . and i hate to do that. . but that's the inevitable. .

Unknown said...

whao..!!
shayad ab hum coll life ki value samajh gaye hain.. no matter thapar humse kitna kaam karvata hai par still dis time of our life rocks..

future ke baare mein soch kar darr lag raha hai.. but lets c wots in store 4 all of us
really mast post

Tarun Gupta said...

hmmm... really a great post... sachi mittran nu emotional kar ditta....

par jo hona hai so hano hai yaar.. no point worrying abt it now.. now we have time whatever small it may be & we 'll make the most of it..

cheers !!!!!!!!!!

Deepinder Singh said...

@shuchita... acha comment tha... meetha sa thappad mar kar sorry bol rahi hai jaise Thapar ko ;)

@tarun hmmmmm..... yar tu a te sahi... fer aish karange...

devil_inside said...

Huiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
Is waar tu pher jit geya.Guuuuuud post.Zindgi chalta paani hai.It cant stop.
"Milte hain gul yahaan mil ke bicharne ko"

Deepinder Singh said...

@ Dogra Devil
Yar ethey kehra jung chaldi pai hai jehra mai jitt geya... chaar pall ne hassde kheedey langh jaaney ne!!!