Saturday, January 27, 2007

Exiled on Republic Day….

26th Jan 2007, when everyone had been sleeping in their cozy quilts or watching the parade on DD1, I was in the theatre to watch Salaam-e-Ishq. I had been making plans to watch the first show since 2 days, but Daman and Suneet refused to go with me coz their ‘intuitions’ said that the movie would be pathetic, and so did some of my other friends suggested. But the adamant 'me' refused to listed to his sixth sense and there I was sitting with Richi in the cinema. A day before I didn’t even know the cast of the movie, (aur chala tha Deepi Salaam-e-Ishq dekhne). Anyhow, the movie had already begun by the time we took our seats, in the middle row of a scantily filled hall.

About the movie, I don’t have words to describe that marvelous stuff. Actually it was not one movie that I haad been seeing, it was like 6 movies going on at the same time and a TATA Sky kinda system, that lets the projector man change the channel into the one he likes the best. The six stories didn’t seem to be interrelated at all, although those were forcefully made to in the end. My friends generally ask me ‘best couple kaunsa tha?’ Well, seriously speaking, it was sohail and isha kopikar, kyunki vo poori movie me bohat kamm dikhai padey they. Their role was like, the others had to attend nature’s call so chalo sohail ka scene dal do… janta khush ho jayegi!!!

SAVA teen Ghante ki ghatiya movie. What can be worse to start a national holiday. But things didn’t get better as the day passed. I had my finishing school. Sir, adores students who are in time. So I was there sitting alone in class, 10 mins before the intended time. Sir a gaye…. Time badha… 2pm, 2:05…2:10…2:15... I was hopelessly looking at the door, waiting for someone to accompany me to listen to Sir’s lecture. But, MY day had something else for me. The lecture had started, and I was there, ‘akela’. The lecture was amusingly boor as ever. I had been wandering into an unknown land when sir said ,”Now we’ll a break, and after the break you’ll ask me questions about the previous session” All time long during the break I had been thinking of a question… “What was it that Sir taught??? Was it a duet song that I’m to practice for…. No I was something related to listening.. listening to a girl??? No, Was it my communication with the Convener about the Vesta? Or was is another proposal? It was something else yar…. God!!! Someone tell me k sir ne kya padhaya tha…”

4 comments:

Damanpreet singh said...

hahahaha..
nice review.. i told you it was like "love actually" but since it is Indian and censor board kinda thing exists here so it will be "pyar actually" but pathetic 3 hours long..

It is the 2nd time you have attended the class alone.. first it was MBA..Now VG.. Hadd hai yaar!! how can someone bear him for a full class that too alone?..

Next time onwards no first day first show for you.. i hope

Deepinder Singh said...

@daman Well first day first show da te shonk nahi uttrega... ann bass agli var movie choose kar k vekhanga ;)
and its not the second time... i think its 4th time that I attended a class alone... MBA di class mai 3 var kalley lagai si...

Anonymous said...

Hello Deepinder,
We are pleased to announce the launch of 'Chakpak Picture Gallery Widgets - beta' . Movie Picture Gallery Widgets are small HTML scriptlets which you can copy to your blog and they show nifty picture gallery for the configured movie. They are a neat addition to your blog entry.

It looks like you are a movie buff, and frequently blog about movies. These Picture Gallery Widgets would be a great addition to the movie reviews that you write.

To start just go to a href=" http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/">http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/ Find the widget which you like. Copy the HTML scriptlet and replace the MOVIE_ID by the actual movie-id.

We hope you like them. Please send us any feedback on the widgets and help us improve the widgets further.

Regards,
Chakpak Team
a href="http://www.chakpak.com ">http://www.chakpak.com a>
a href="http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/"> http://chakpak-widgets.blogspot.com/a>

a href="http://www.chakpak.com/MovieDetailAction-Eklavya-.do?movieId=18530"Eklava Movie

Anonymous said...

good good.. i totally agree with u abt the pathetic nature of the movie ;) nice blog.. and by the way, i totally disagree with yr friend who said it was like Love Actually.. even keeping aside the censor-board fact, Love Actually was a beautifully moulded story of relationships between lovers, friends, son-father etc. where every part made sense.. but Salaam-E-Ishq revolved only on idiotic romantic lines!! anyway, keep it up :)