Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Firsts….

It has been four days since we all wished our near and dear ones a Happy New Year… But to many of us, the 1st Jan is just like another day perhaps, the only difference being that we try to forcefully take a bath and get ourselves into cleaner aprons, and the evenings are marked by fun on streets or romance on dating spots. But this first of Jan and its colleagues brought it with many of the firsts into my life. The first of some things at could surprise any of my friends. This blog is dedicated to these changes in the blogger.

My First Night Out with Novels

This might seem a very natural thing for a voracious reader, but for me, it was just an out of the world thing. After I saw my Hyderabad tickets being cancelled, I decided to dedicate my holidays to bring out a reader out of this writer. I think I had been amazingly successful. I finished ‘If Tomorrow Comes-Sidney Sheldon’; ‘Error of Judgment’; ‘Illusions’; ‘Love Story’; ‘I moved your cheese’, ‘The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari’ and am half done with ‘Godfather’, I don’t get much of time now coz of the college schedule. Anyways, reading is really fun… and the most astounding part is that my net surfing hours came down to just around 2-3 from the whooping 12-13 (In Holidays).. kakka padhai vich busy si na ;)

My First Morning Walk

A just another guy says “I’ll be going for a morning walk tomorrow.” Any objections??? I don’t think so. Now let’s change the frame of reference. Deepinder says “I’ll be going for a morning walk tomorrow at 6:30 in the morning, no matter how harsh the weather might be.” Hey readers, don’t look at me like that, I’m not a criminal. “I know I sleep at 2:30a.m. and used to wake up at 11 in the morning, but it’s a new time yaar... Believe me I’m going for a walk tomorrow.” Nobody did believe that. But, jo cheez sabne mana kar di.. Deepi ne to vo karke dikhani hai na ;)

Date: 3rd Jan 2007, reported as the coldest day of the year.

Time: 6:30 a.m.

Theory: I was wide awake and ready to move my first step to my maiden morning walk. The weather was chilling. As I Moved down the road, made invisible by the fog, I could hear voices of rain over the trees alongside the road. It was the heavy dew which made its way from one branch down the other giving an illusion like the clouds had been pouring just over those vivid trees. The air was too fresh, and I all the way kept wondering of its fate when it’ll be all polluted and dry as the day ended. All the way down and back, I had just one fear, yar din me kuttey bohat khatarnaak aur bhukey hotey hain :( I didn’t want to be their breakfast.

Actually this walk had been an inspiration from a number of factors.

  • Nobody at my home could believe of me waking up early morning, and that too for a morning walk.
  • My friends thought that it was another of my silly jokes, when I told them of my plans for the morning.
  • And the Most important of all was the Novel ‘The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari’, which said that when u need to achieve a goal, just imagine the results that would be brought by the action you perform on your way towards your destination. Feel the results, as if you already have it with you. I did the same, I saw myself as a fit guy sitting in the college and never sleeping in lectures ;)

My First Nine Pointer

I think my eyes deceived me when I saw my GPA to be 9.00 :o (For the previous semester). Did I see anything wrong, I still don’t know. I’ll surely confirm on Monday when the list is displayed. The CGPA is 8.22. “Not bad Mr. Deepinder”

My First Blog of 2007

Well, This post is special in three respects, First that it’s the first post of the year, second that its my silver jubilee post, and third that its my most technical post. Has been a long journey since I started blogging, and the readers have remarkably kept me in high spirits to keep writing. But I’m sure to loose many readers who read this blog of mine….

Tension na lo mittron… next time to fer bhorna shuru karna hai mai…

6 comments:

Damanpreet singh said...

book was ..I moved your cheese or Who moved my cheese?
me too really cut down surfing..but with movies..
Jyada walk na karna..nahin tan....i told you the problem...

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari..its good you read it..i cud only read half of it...

GPA di mubarkan..party kad hai?

Unknown said...

a gud new year resolution par mrng walk ki jagaah par joggin hoti to zaada bettr hota. Rest lets c till how long it conyinues.. keep informin. nd cngrats mr. 9 pointr.

Deepinder Singh said...

@ Daman... yar it was I moved your/my cheese.. actually it was a mockery of all those self help books...

@Shweta Yar meri do din walk k baad latein dukh rahi hain.. Jogging se to pata nahi kya hoga.. :( Vaise I have plans to skip walking on this weekend.. chutti hai na :D

Anonymous said...

9 pointer.. man, i'm not yet out of shock!! brilliant :) i think this post was the best after Pratigya.. aaj kal kucch zyaada hi padh rahe ho, college books as well as other books!! sahi hai.. spending nights out with books seem appropriate till the nine-pointer finds a gal ;) wishing u that for this new year, hehehe!!

so mr. to-be-double-seven.. dont get yrself sick by waking up so early for walks!! north india's winters r too much to handle.. join a gym or exercise instead!! (oops, i hope u or ppl arent going to kill me for discouraging u for walks)

vaise whats this "But I’m sure to loose many readers who read this blog of mine..."?

Deepinder Singh said...

@Ojaswini I actually enjoyed my walk on the clod morning.. rather the next day had been a bit warmer, and the thrill was not as much as it had been on the first day..
And the last line was quoted coz i myself found the post a bit monotonous... ;)

Anjali said...

hiiii...yar kya likhta hai tu...its amazing yar!!!!actualyl i ws checking my mail n den i opend ur link 4 first time n i couldnt resist myself 4 writing a comment..its gr8!!!!